One of the most well-known and widely broadcast religious radio talk shows in the country is The Bible Answer Man, hosted by Hank Hanegraaf. Hank never misses an opportunity to assault The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. An anti-Mormon author, Richard Abanes, was Hank’s guest for three consecutive broadcasts (a total of three hours) on April 2, 3, and 4, 2002. During the shows these two men did their best to damage the LDS faith.
While it was a sad attempt, trumping up old, tired and rehashed anti-Mormon arguments which have been answered time and time again, we at FAIR felt that, due to the national audience this radio show enjoys, the true answers needed to be provided. But, rather than have apologists write answers to each point addressed on the show…rather than re-inventing the wheel, it was decided to provide links to answers already available through the FAIR Apologetics Index.
Using FAIR’s Topical Guide, answers are provided to Mr. Hanegraaf and Mr. Abanes. Not only will you find that more-than-adequate answers exist to their arguments, this process will also demonstrate the power of the Apologetics Index.
Click on any of the topics below to see how anti-Mormons such as Hank Hanegraaf and Richard Abanes twist and distort the truth. (Ironically, one of the very tactics of which they accuse the LDS Church.)
- The Changing of Joseph Smith’s “First Vision” Account
- Joseph Smith’s Prophecy of the End of the World
- The LDS Perspective on African-Americans
- Are Mormons Christian?
- A Different God…A Different Jesus?
- We Can Become Gods?
- The Integrity and Honesty of Gordon B. Hinckley
- Evidence for the Book of Mormon
- The Book of Mormon is Plagiarized Fiction
- Where was the Gospel of Christ?
- The Gold Plates Found by Joseph Smith
- The Great Mormon Scholar, Thomas S. Ferguson
- Faith from Evidence? Or the Witness of the Holy Spirit?
- More on Joseph Smith’s Plagiarism in the Book of Mormon
- Jesus Was a Polygamist?
- Is the Blood of Jesus Sufficient?
- Does the Doctrine of Blood Atonement Turn Brigham Young into a Murderer?
- Sanitizing the Adam-God Doctrine
- 4700 Commandments for the Mormons?
- Kolob and Our Pre-Earthly Existence
- Plural Marriage
- Changes in the Book of Mormon
- The Book of Mormon and the Trinity
- Strange Words and Names in The Book of Mormon