FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Mormonismus und Priestertum/Wiederherstellung/Melchisedek/Datum
Mormonismus und Priestertum Wiederherstellung, Melchisedek: Datum
Springe zum Thema:
- Question: What is the date of the restoration of the Melchizedek Priesthood?d?
- Question: Why did several years pass before Oliver talked about the priesthood restoration?
- Painesville Telegraph (1830): "Cowdry claims that he and his associates are the only persons on earth who are qualified to administer in his name. By this authority, they proclaim to the world"
- Painesville Telegraph (1830): "The name of the person here, who pretends to have a divine mission, and to have seen and conversed with Angels, is Cowdray"
- The Palmyra Reflector (1831): "Jo Smith had now received a commission from God...Cowdery and his friends had frequent interviews with angels"
- Reverend Taggart (1833): "Joe Smith...told them he had seen Jesus Christ and the Apostles and conversed with them, and that he could perform miracles"