FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Mormonism and the Bible/Lost scripture/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Samuel Haining, Mormonism Weighed in the Balances of the Sanctuary, and Found Wanting: The Substance of Four Lectures (Douglas: Robert Fargher, 1840), 11¬-13. off-site
Claims there are no books of scripture on matters of importance mentioned in the Bible that are not found in the Bible.
Past LDS response(s)
- Parley P. Pratt, Plain Facts (Manchester: W. R. Thomas, 1840), 1. off-site Full title
- John Taylor, Truth Defended and Methodism Weighed in the Balance and Found Wanting (Liverpool: J. Tompkins, 1840), 3. Full title
- John Taylor, "To the Editor of the Star," Millennial Star 1 no. 11 (March 1841), 276-80.. off-site
- Benjamin Winchester, “The Object of a Continuation of Revelation,” The Gospel Reflector (Philadelphia) 1, no. 5 (1 March 1841): 89-96. off-site