FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Biblical Keys for Discerning True and False Prophets/Seeing the truth
|Bible Tests for True and False Prophets||
A FairMormon Analysis of: Biblical Keys for Discerning True and False Prophets, a work by author: Kevin Christensen
|Bible arguments made to justify rejecting true prophets|
Bible passages that describe what a person should do in order to see truth
I have compiled principally Biblical scriptures that describe both the means to see truth, and contrary passages that describe how to avoid it. These should serve as common ground for discussion.
- Be interested
- Listen with Purposeful Intent: Seeking Knowledge of God
- Study with Open Minds and with Faith (where faith is hope for that which is not seen)
- Examine the works
- Listen to all the witnesses (not selecting to justify a desired result)
- Consider the credentials and motives of the authorities and witnesses involved
- Be as concerned with measuring yourself as with measuring the prophets
- Receive the prophets and their followers for what they are, not requiring them to be something else
- Persist whatever the cost
Taken together, these show the sacrifice of a broken heart and a contrite spirit.