FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Biblical Keys for Discerning True and False Prophets/Tests/Prophecy
|Of True||Of False|
- Note: In practice, this is the most qualified test, the most subject to abuse, even within the Bible.
- Prophets can be misunderstood (for example, John 3:18-22)
- Prophecy may have its fulfillment contested, either through misinformation, or cunningly devised fables. (Matthew 28:12-13)
- Prophecy may be distant fulfillment. (For example, 2 Peter 3:9)
- Prophecy may be of conditional fulfillment (Jeremiah 18:8-10)
- Prophets may speak their own opinion. (2 Corinthians 8:8)
- Prophets may even speak presumptuously on occasion. (2 Samuel 7:14)
- Prophets may disagree among themselves on some matters. (Acts 15:39)
- A prophet's words may be recorded imperfectly. (Compare Acts 9:7 and Acts 22:9)
- Finally, even prophets may misinterpret prophecy. (It is clear that much of the New Testament presumes an immanent return in glory, necessitating eventual warnings not to expect such.)
- (Overall, see Isaiah 55:11)
[[de:Bibelschriftstellen, um wahre und falsche Propheten zu unterscheiden/Tests/Prophezeiung < Bibelschriftstellen, um wahre und falsche Propheten zu unterscheiden | Tests FairMormon-Antworten-logo.png MEDIEN FRAGEN PERSPEKTIVEN INHALT
Bibelschriftstellen, um wahre und falsche Propheten zu unterscheiden Kevin Christensen Tests: Prophezeiung Lernt die Wahrheit kennen Gebet| Eigenschaft der Lehre Prophezeiung