FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief, and practice.
Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/Language/Reformed Egyptian/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- “Mormonism,” New York Weekly Messenger and Young Men’s Advocate (29 April 1835). Reprinted from The Pioneer (Rock Springs, Illinois), March 1835. off-site
- John Ankerberg and John Weldon, Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Mormonism (Eugene, OR: Harvest House, 1992), 294-5
- Origen Bachelor, Mormonism Exposed Internally and Externally (New York: Privately Published, 1838), 26. off-site
- Francis J. Beckwith, Carl Mosser, et al., The New Mormon Challenge: Responding to the Latest Defenses of a Fast-Growing Movement (Grand Rapids, Mich. : Zondervan, 2002),
- Contender Ministries, Questions All Mormons Should Ask Themselves. Answers
- Alexander Campbell, Delusions (Boston: Benjamin H. Greene, 1832), p. 94of original; originally published in Millennial Harbinger 2 (7 February 1831): 85–96. off-site O. Cowdery reply #1 #2 Full title
- Marvin W. Cowan, Mormon Claims Answered, (Salt Lake City: Utah Lighthouse Ministry, 1997 [original self-published, 1975]), chapter 4.
- Hank Hanegraaff, The Mormon Mirage: Seeing Through the Illusion of Mainstream Mormonism (Charlotte, NC: Christian Research Institute, 2008), ?.
- Eber D. Howe, Mormonism Unvailed (Painesville, OH, 1834), 268–. (Affidavits examined) off-site
- James H. Hunt, Mormonism: Embracing the Origin, Rise and Progress of the Sect (St. Louis: Ustick and Davies, 1844), 12. off-site
- John Hyde, Mormonism : Its Leaders and Designs, 2nd ed., (New York: W.P. Fetridge & Co., 1857), 216
- Walter Martin, The Kingdom of the Cults (Revised) (Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 1997), 187, n10; 199. ( Index of claims )
- Grant H. Palmer, An Insider's View of Mormon Origins (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2002) 57. ( Index of claims )
- Philanthropist of Chester County, Mormonism Unmasked, Showed to be an Impious Imposture, and Mr. Bennett’s Reply Answered and Refuted (Philadelphia: T. K. & P. G. Collins, 1840), 6. off-site Response
- Latayne Colvett Scott, The Mormon Mirage : a former Mormon tells why she left the church (Grand Rapids : Zondervan Pub. House, 1979), 63-4
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, Archaeology and the Book of Mormon (Salt Lake City, UT: Utah Lighthouse Ministry, 1969; reprinted with second appendix, 1972), 17–19.
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, The Changing World of Mormonism (Moody Press, 1979), 141-145.( Index of claims )
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, Mormonism—Shadow or Reality?, 5th edition, (Salt Lake City: Utah Lighthouse Ministry, 1987), 97–125, 125A, 125G.
- Kurt Van Gorden, Mormonism (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1995), 8, footnote 7
- Wilhelm Wyl, Mormon Portraits Volume First: Joseph Smith the Prophet, His Family and Friends (Salt Lake City: Tribune Printing and Publishing Co., 1886), 196 footnote.