FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/ /CriticalSources
< Book of Mormon | Anachronisms(Redirected from Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/Language or phrasing/CriticalSources)
Source(s) of the criticism
- “Mormonism,” New York Weekly Messenger and Young Men’s Advocate (29 April 1835). Reprinted from The Pioneer (Rock Springs, Illinois), March 1835. off-site
- Origen Bachelor, Mormonism Exposed Internally and Externally (New York: Privately Published, 1838), 11–12, 14–16. off-site
The author has an entire section dedicated to "barbarisms" of the "gross violations of the propriety of language" and another on supposed "modernisms."
- J. Goodson, "Dear Sir," Latter Day Saints' Messenger and Advocate 3 no. 1 (October 1836), 397–99. off-site
- La Roy Sunderland, “Mormonism,” Zion’s Watchman (New York) 3, no. 7 (17 February 1838) off-site
- Josiah Priest, American Antiquities, 5th ed. (Albany: Hoffman and White, 1835), 79. off-site
- S. Williams, Mormonism Exposed (1838), 6. off-site