FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/Three days of darkness/Further Reading
Table of Contents <onlyinclude>
FairMormon Answers articles
Jump to Subtopic:
- What is an "anachronism" and how does it relate to the Book of Mormon?
- Animals or possible animal products referred to in the Book of Mormon
- Alleged biblical anachronisms in the Book of Mormon
- Climate in the Book of Mormon
- Cultural issues in the Book of Mormon
- Book of Mormon Geography
- Items described in the Book of Mormon
- Language questions related to the Book of Mormon
- Freemasonry and the Book of Mormon
- Materials described in the Book of Mormon
- Plants or fibers in the Book of Mormon
- Population and demographics in the Book of Mormon
- Scientific questions related to the Book of Mormon
- Book of Mormon textual issues
- Warfare in the Book of Mormon
- Anonymous, "Out of the Dust: When the Day Turned to Night," Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 10/2 (2001): 66–67. off-site wiki
- Russell H. Ball, "An Hypothesis concerning the Three Days of Darkness among the Nephites," Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 2/1 (1993): 107–123. wiki
- James Baer, "The Third Nephi Disaster: A Geological View," Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 19 no. 1 (Spring 1986), 129–132. off-site
- John Gee, "Another Note on the Three Days of Darkness," Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 6/2 (1997): 235–244. off-site wiki
- Benjamin R. Jordan, "Volcanic Destruction in the Book of Mormon: Possible Evidence from Ice Cores," Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 12/1 (2003): 78–87. off-site wiki
- Bart J. Kowallis, "In the Thirty and Fourth Year: A Geologist's View of the Great Destruction in 3 Nephi," Brigham Young University Studies 37 no. 3 (1997), 137–190. PDF link
- John A. Tvedtnes, "Historical Parallels to the Destruction at the Time of the Crucifixion," Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 3/1 (1994): 170–186. off-site wiki
- Joseph L. Allen, Exploring the Lands of the Book of Mormon (Orem, UT: SA Publishers, 1985), 230. ISBN 0842523847.
- Hugh W. Nibley, Since Cumorah, 2nd edition, (Vol. 7 of the Collected Works of Hugh Nibley), edited by John W. Welch, (Salt Lake City, Utah : Deseret Book Company ; Provo, Utah : Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, 1988), 223. ISBN 0875791395.