FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief, and practice.
Book of Mormon/B.H. Roberts' testimony/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Richard Abanes, Becoming Gods: A Closer Look at 21st-Century Mormonism (Harvest House Publishers: 2005). 76, 368 n.143. ( Index of claims )
- Richard Abanes, One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church (New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 2003), 75 ( Index of claims )
- John Ankerberg and John Weldon, Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Mormonism (Eugene, OR: Harvest House, 1992), 280, 301–3
- John R. Farkas and David A. Reed, Mormonism: Changes, Contradictions, and Errors (Grand Rapids, Mich. : Baker Books, 1995), 222.
- Joel B. Groat, "B. H. Roberts' Doubts," Heart and Mind: The Newsletter of Gospel Truths Ministries (January-March 1995): 5-6
- Stan Larson, "The Odyssey of Thomas Stuart Ferguson," Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 23 no. 1 (Spring 1990), 84.
- Brigham D. Madsen, ed., B. H. Roberts: Studies of the Book of Mormon (Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1985).
- Grant H. Palmer, An Insider's View of Mormon Origins (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2002) 40–42. ( Index of claims )
- George D. Smith, "'Is There Any Way to Escape These Difficulties?' The Book of Mormon Studies of B. H. Roberts," Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 17 no. 2 (Summer 1984)), 94-111.
- James R. Spencer, The Disappointment of B. H. Roberts: Five Questions That Forced a Mormon General Authority to Abandon the Book of Mormon (Boise, Idaho: Through the Maze, 1991).
- Simon Southerton, Losing a Lost Tribe: Native Americans, DNA, and the Mormon Church (Salt Lake City, UT: Signature Books, 2004) 153. ( Index of claims )
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, The Changing World of Mormonism (Moody Press, 1979), 126–8.( Index of claims )
- Watchman Fellowship, The Watchman Expositor (Page 3)
- James White, Letters to a Mormon Elder: Eye Opening Information for Mormons and the Christians Who Talk with Them (Southbridge, MA: Crowne, 1990), 140–142