FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Book of Mormon/Lamanites/Curse/Further Reading
Table of Contents <onlyinclude>
FairMormon Answers articles
- Book of Mormon textual changes/"white" changed to "pure"
- Native Americans to become "white and delightsome" through polygamous marriage?
FairMormon web site
- Douglas Campbell, "'White' or 'Pure': Five Vignettes," Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 29 no. 4 (Winter 1996), 119–135. off-site off-site
- Armand Mauss, All Abraham's Children off-site
- Michael Pasquier, "Though Their Skin Remains Brown, I Hope Their Souls Will Soon be White," Slavery, French Missionaries, and the Roman Catholic Priesthood in the American South, 1789-1865, by Michael Pasquier, Florida State University, (June 2008): 337-370. [This work discusses some historical parallels to how Amerindians were seen in early American history.]