FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Book of Mormon/Nephi's killing of Laban/Was it "cold blooded murder"/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Samuel Haining, Mormonism Weighed in the Balances of the Sanctuary, and Found Wanting: The Substance of Four Lectures (Douglas: Robert Fargher, 1840), 24-25, 49. off-site
- Eber D. Howe, Mormonism Unvailed (Painesville, OH, 1834), 25. (Affidavits examined) off-site
- James H. Hunt, Mormonism: Embracing the Origin, Rise and Progress of the Sect (St. Louis: Ustick and Davies, 1844), 22-23. off-site
Past LDS response(s)
- Parley P. Pratt to Oliver Cowdery, 26 May 1836, "[No title]," Latter Day Saints' Messenger and Advocate 2 no. 8 (May 1836), 318–20. off-site
Discusses Pratt's missionary encounter with this criticism.
- Parley P. Pratt, "Wholesale Conversion of Methodists to Infidelity," Millennial Star 2 no. 8 (December 1841), 114–15. off-site