FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Book of Mormon/Witnesses/Character/Beating Lucy Harris/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Henry Caswall, The Prophet of the Nineteenth Century, or, the Rise, Progress, and Present State of the Mormons, or Latter-Day Saints : To Which Is Appended an Analysis of the Book of Mormon (London: Printed for J. G. F. & J. Rivington, 1843), 41. off-site
- Eber D. Howe, Mormonism Unvailed (Painesville, OH, 1834), ??. (Affidavits examined) 
- James H. Hunt, Mormonism: Embracing the Origin, Rise and Progress of the Sect (St. Louis: Ustick and Davies, 1844), 63-65, citing statement of 29 November 1833; see Howe. off-site
- La Roy Sunderland, “Mormonism,” Zion’s Watchman (New York) 3, no. 9 (3 March 1838): 34, citing Howe. off-site
- J. N. T. Tucker, “Mormonism—Some Curious Facts,” Signs of the Times, An Expositor of Prophecy 3, no. 10 (8 June 1842), 79–80.