FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Book of Mormon/Witnesses/Eight witnesses/Can't translate "reformed Egyptian"/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- “The Book of Mormon,” The New-Yorker (New York) (12 December 1840): n.p.. off-site
- Samuel Haining, Mormonism Weighed in the Balances of the Sanctuary, and Found Wanting: The Substance of Four Lectures (Douglas: Robert Fargher, 1840), 21-22, 45-46. off-site
- James H. Hunt, Mormonism: Embracing the Origin, Rise and Progress of the Sect (St. Louis: Ustick and Davies, 1844), 71-73. off-site
- Daniel P. Kidder, Mormonism and the Mormons (New York:Lane and Sandford, 1842), 51. off-site Full title
- Amos H. Wickersham, An Examination of the Principles of Mormonism, as Developed in the Recent Discussion Between the Author and Elders Wharton & Appleby, With a Brief Statement of Facts in Regard to Said Discussion (Wilmington, DE: Allderidge, Jeandell, & Miles, 1843), 1-21. off-site Reply