FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief, and practice.
Brigham Young/Polygamy/Hiding history/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Valeen Tippetts Avery
- Fawn M. Brodie, No Man Knows My History: The Life of Joseph Smith (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1945), 306. ( Index of claims )
- "Absence of Polygamy In LDS Manual Stirs Controversy," The Salt Lake Tribune (5 April 1998): C3.
- George D. Smith, Nauvoo Polygamy: "...but we called it celestial marriage" (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2008), 473. ( Index of claims , (Detailed book review))
- Simon Southerton, Losing a Lost Tribe: Native Americans, DNA, and the Mormon Church (Salt Lake City, UT: Signature Books, 2004) 137. ( Index of claims )
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, The Changing World of Mormonism (Moody Press, 1979), 233.( Index of claims )
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, "Covering Up Mormon Polygamy," Salt Lake City Messenger 94 (August 1998).