FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Responses to claims in Mormonism Unmasked.
Pages in category "Mormonism Unmasked"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Question: Did Joseph Smith become a member of the Methodist Church while he was translating the Book of Mormon?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith begin his prophetic career with a "trinitarian" idea of God?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith join the Methodist, Presbyterian, or Baptist churches between 1820 and 1830 despite the claim made in his 1838 history that he was forbidden by Deity from joining any denomination?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith marry Fanny Alger as his first plural wife in 1833?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith prophesy that Jesus Christ would return in 1890?
- Question: Did Joseph use his seer stone to receive the text of the Book of Abraham in the same manner as he did for the Book of Mormon?
- Question: Did some of Joseph Smith's associates believe that he had an affair with Fanny Alger?
- Question: Do Latter-day Saints believe in a "different" Jesus than "mainstream" Christians?
- Question: Do Latter-day Saints believe in a female divine person, a "Heavenly Mother" as counterpart to God, the Heavenly Father?
- Question: Do Mormons believe that Mary was still a virgin when Jesus was born?
- Question: Do the Joseph Smith papyri date back to the time of Abraham?
- Question: Do we have all of the papyri that Joseph Smith had?
- Question: Does the Bible condemn genealogical research?
- Question: Does the doctrine that God has a physical body contradict the Bible?
- Question: Does the Joseph Smith papyri consist of Egyptian funerary documents?
- Question: Does the practice of baptism for the dead have ancient roots?
- Question: How was the text of the Book of Abraham produced by Joseph Smith?
- Question: Is Jesus Christ the savior of other worlds?
- Question: Was Joseph Smith anointed to be "King over the earth" by the Council of Fifty?
- Question: Was Joseph Smith prone to boasting?
- Question: Were the characters on the papyri written by Abraham himself?
- Question: What is Joseph Smith's 1826 South Bainbridge "trial" for "glasslooking"?
- Question: What was the Council of Fifty?
- Question: Why does Joseph Smith state in his 1832 First Vision account that he was in his "16th year" of age?
- Questions: Are there contemporary witnesses that confirm that Joseph Smith didn't join any church after the First Vision?