FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Criticism of Mormonism/Books/Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows/Front matter
< Criticism of Mormonism | Books | Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows(Redirected from Criticism of Mormonism/Books/Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows/Index/Front matter)
Response to claims made in "Front matter"
A FairMormon Analysis of: Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows, a work by author: Will Bagley
Response to claims made in Blood of the Prophets, "Front matter"
Jump to Subtopic:
- Response to claim: xiv - The author states that he believes that Brigham Young meant exactly what he said regarding Blood Atonement
Author's quote: ...Like the faithful who sat through his fire-and-brimstone sermons, I believe Brigham Young meant exactly what he said [about blood atonement]....
This is the author's opinion: he has no evidence to support this conclusion
Jump to Subtopic:
- Question: What is "blood atonement"?
- Charles Penrose (1912): "Do you believe in "blood-atonement"?
- Question: Did early Mormon leaders teach that apostasy was the unforgivable sin, and that the only thing an apostate could do to redeem himself was to give his own life, willingly or unwillingly?
- Question: Were apostates secretly put to death by "blood atonement" during the administration of Brigham Young?
- Question: Was Thomas Coleman (or Colbourn) "blood atoned"?
- Question: Did Brigham Young's preaching style induce people to perform "blood atonement"?