FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Joseph Smith/"Amusing recitals" of ancient American inhabitants/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Richard Abanes, One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church (New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 2003), 64 ( Index of claims )
- Sally Denton, American Massacre: The Tragedy at Mountain Meadows, (Secker & Warburg, 2003), 7.
- Cephas Ministry, "A Mormon General Authority's Doubts About the Authenticity of the Book of Mormon"
- Richard N. and Joan K. Ostling, Mormon America: The Power and the Promise, (New York:HarperCollins Publishers, 2000), 23. ( Index of claims )
- George D. Smith, Nauvoo Polygamy: "...but we called it celestial marriage" (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2008), 22. ( Index of claims , (Detailed book review))
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, Mormonism—Shadow or Reality?, 5th edition, (Salt Lake City: Utah Lighthouse Ministry, 1987), 81.
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, The Changing World of Mormonism (Moody Press, 1979), 125.( Index of claims )
- Search for the Truth DVD