FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Joseph Smith/Alleged false prophecies/Second Coming to be in 1890/CriticalSources
Source(s) of criticism
- Richard Abanes, One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church (New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 2003), 127-8, 462, 464, 528n5, 617n13, 25–27(PB) ( Index of claims )
- Fawn M. Brodie, No Man Knows My History: The Life of Joseph Smith (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1945), 102. ( Index of claims )
- Contender Ministries, Questions All Mormons Should Ask Themselves. Answers
- Alice Felt Tyler, Freedom's Ferment (Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 1944), 95.
- G.T. Harrison, Mormons Are Peculiar People (New York: Vantage Press, Inc., 1954), xii, 114.
- George D. Smith, Nauvoo Polygamy: "...but we called it celestial marriage" (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2008), 6, 9, 535. ( Index of claims , (Detailed book review))
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, The Changing World of Mormonism (Moody Press, 1979), 418-419.( Index of claims )
- Wesley P. Walters, "Mormonism," Christianity Today V/6 (19 December 1960): 9.
- Watchman Fellowship, The Watchman Expositor (Page 7)
- Watchman Fellowship, The Watchman Expositor (Page 8)