FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Joseph Smith/Polygamy/The Peace Maker/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Fawn M. Brodie, No Man Knows My History: The Life of Joseph Smith (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1945), 299. ( Index of claims )
- Lawrence Foster, "A Little-Known Defense of Polygamy From the Mormon Press in 1842," Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 9 no. 4 (Winter 1974), 24–25.
- Jon Krakauer, Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith (Anchor, 2004), 88-90, 115-116.
- Charles A. Shook, The True Origin of Mormon Polygamy (Cincinnati: The Standard Publishing Company, 1910), 79, 82.
- Richard S. Van Wagoner, Mormon Polygamy: A History (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1989), 50.