FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Criticism of Mormonism/Books/One Nation Under Gods/Use of sources/Forged Rocky Mountain prophecy
< Criticism of Mormonism | Books | One Nation Under Gods | Use of sources(Redirected from Joseph Smith prophecies/Forged Rocky Mountain prophecy/)
Forged Rocky Mountain prophecy?
|Gordon B. Hinckley Understands Doctrine||
A FairMormon Analysis of: One Nation Under Gods, a work by author: Richard Abanes
|Stephen A. Douglas prophecy|
One Nation under Gods, page 406 (hardback and paperback)
- One of the "forged predictions" added to the history was that of a "mighty people" that would dwell "in the midst of the Rocky Mountains."
Endnote 23, page 608 (hardback); page 606 (paperback)
- History of the Church, vol. 5, 85, 393-394, 398.
Other source(s) that use the same criticism
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, The Changing World of Mormonism (Moody Press, 1979), 405.( Index of claims ) Given ONUG's tendency to crib from other authors, this may be the original source for this section.
Jump to Subtopic:
- Question: Did Joseph Smith make "forged predictions" and add them retroactively to the history of the Church that a "mighty people" that would dwell "in the midst of the Rocky Mountains"?
- The Tanner's sources used to support their forged Rocky Mountain prophecy claim