FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
|OTHER USEFUL SITES|
The purpose of this page is two-fold:
- to provide factual information about the restoration sects (i.e., religious groups who trace their origins to Joseph Smith, Jr.) including The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (i.e., the Mormons, the LDS Church);
- to provide journalists and other authors with advice on the consistent use of words, names, places and other elements in writing about the Church and related restorationist groups.
It is hoped that the information given will be helpful to journalists and others who write about restorationist faiths and their members, doctrines, practices, or beliefs.
- Who are the Mormons? See: Who are they?
- Are there other groups related to Mormons? See: Other groups from Joseph Smith?
- What are basic beliefs of the Church? See: Basic beliefs
- Common myths, misunderstandings, and mischaracterizations? See: Myths and questions
- Need a term or vocabulary word explained? See: Terms
- Want to learn about disciplinary councils, for the rare cases when members may be removed from Church membership? See: Church Discipline
Have a question you don't see answered? You can:
- check out the table of contents for our FairMormon Answers Wiki.
- write an e-mail. One of our volunteers will get back to you within 24 hours; most replies arrive within an hour or two.
If you're a journalist looking for information or a quote, FairMormon can help you. Our members have also appeared on radio call-in shows, and other venues in which a faithful LDS perspective is useful. Please feel free to contact us, using the link in the box below.