FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Mormonism and priesthood/Non-transferable/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Anon., "Difference Between the Baptists & Latter-Day Saints. From the North Staffordshire Mercury," Millennial Star 1 no. 12 (April 1841), 296–99. off-site
- Oliver Barr, “‘This wisdom descendeth not from above’” [Mormonism—No. 2] Christian Palladium (Union Mills, New York) 5, no. 16 (15 December 1836): 241–43. off-site
Claims can only be one high priest at a time, and this is Jesus.
- “Mormonism in America,” The Christian Witness (Plymouth, England) 5, no. 1 (January 1838): 17–18. off-site
- Contender Ministries, Questions All Mormons Should Ask Themselves. Answers
- Search for the Truth DVD (2007) Resources
- Samuel Haining, Mormonism Weighed in the Balances of the Sanctuary, and Found Wanting: The Substance of Four Lectures (Douglas: Robert Fargher, 1840), 37, 59. off-site
- Walter Martin, The Maze of Mormonism (Santa Ana, California: Vision House, 1979), ??.
- Walter Martin, The Kingdom of the Cults (Revised) (Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 1997), 215, n21. ( Index of claims )
- Walter Scott, “Mormon Bible–No. IV,” The Evangelist (Carthage, Ohio) 9, no. 5 (1 May 1841): 111–15. off-site