FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Mormonism and temples/Endowment/Penalties/Further Reading
Table of Contents <onlyinclude>
FairMormon Answers articles
- Steven G. Barnett, "The Canes of the Martyrdom," Brigham Young University Studies 21 no. 2 (Spring 1981), 205–211. off-site
|On-line temple materials|
- Donald Q. Cannon, Larry E. Dahl, and John W. Welch, "The Restoration of Major Doctrines through Joseph Smith: Priesthood, the Word of God, and the Temple," Ensign 19 (February 1989), 7. off-site
- William Hamblin, "Tract made without evidence [Reply to James White's 'Temple Made With Hands']," (22 September 1999) off-site ensuing correspondence
- Robert L. Millet, "Was baptism for the dead a non-Christian practice in New Testament times (see 1 Cor. 15:29), or was it a practice of the Church of Jesus Christ, as it is today?," Ensign (August 1987), 19–21. off-site
- Mormon Monastery, "Historical Changes Relating to Temples," off-site
- Hugh Nibley, "Christian Envy of the Temple," Jewish Quarterly Review 50 (1959—60): 97—123, 229—40; reprinted in Mormonism and Early Christianity (Vol. 4 of Collected Works of Hugh Nibley), edited by Todd Compton and Stephen D. Ricks, (Salt Lake City, Utah : Deseret Book Company ; Provo, Utah : Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, 1987), 391—434.
- Temple and Cosmos: Beyond This Ignorant Present (Vol. 12 of the Collected Works of Hugh Nibley), edited by Don E. Norton, (Salt Lake City, Utah : Deseret Book Company ; Provo, Utah : Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, 1992).
- David L. Paulsen and Cory G. Walker, "Work, Worship, and Grace: Review of The Mormon Culture of Salvation: Force, Grace and Glory by Douglas J. Davies," FARMS Review 18/2 (2006): 83–177. off-site wiki
- Stephen D. Ricks, "Dexiosis and Dextrarum Iunctio: The Sacred Handclasp in the Classical and Early Christian World," FARMS Review 18/1 (2006): 431–436. off-site wiki