FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Moroni's visit/Joseph reported "a spirit" visiting in him in 1827/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Richard Abanes, Becoming Gods: A Closer Look at 21st-Century Mormonism (Harvest House Publishers: 2005). 35, 342n79-80. ( Index of claims )
- Dan Vogel, Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2004), 45
Critics cite such works as the following:
- From the Palmyra Freeman: Golden Bible, Niagara Courier, Aug. 27, 1829, vol. 2, no. 18.
- "The Gold Bible," Rochester Advertiser and Telegraph, Aug. 31, 1829.
- "Golden Bible," Rochester (NY) Gem 1 (5 September 1829): 70.