FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Plan of salvation/Three degrees of glory/Swedenborg/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- Alexander Campbell, “Inspiration of the Scriptures,” Millennial Harbinger 7, no. 8 (August 1836): 347. off-site
Compares Joseph to Swedenborg and Muhammad, religious "impostors".
- MormonThink.com website (as of 5 May 2012). Page: http://mormonthink.com/firstvisionweb.htm
- Richard N. and Joan K. Ostling, Mormon America: The Power and the Promise, (New York:HarperCollins Publishers, 2000), 21, 67. ( Index of claims )
- George D. Smith, Nauvoo Polygamy: "...but we called it celestial marriage" (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2008), 105. ( Index of claims , (Detailed book review))
- Richard S. Van Wagoner, Mormon Polygamy: A History (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1989), 42.
- Diedrich Willers to Reverend Brethren, 18 June 1830 (see Appendix B of Larry E. Morris, "'I Should Have an Eye Single to the Glory of God’: Joseph Smith’s Account of the Angel and the Plates (Review of: "From Captain Kidd’s Treasure Ghost to the Angel Moroni: Changing Dramatis Personae in Early Mormonism")," FARMS Review 17/1 (2005): 11–82. off-site
- Wikipedia article "Degrees of Glory"