FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
|Mormon Reformation (1857) printed material|
- Davis Bitton, "'I'd Rather Have Some Roasting Ears': The Peregrinations of George Armstrong Hicks," Utah Historical Quarterly 68/3 (Summer 2000): 196–222.
- Gustave O. Larson, "The Mormon Reformation," Utah Historical Quarterly 26/1 (January 1958): 44–63.
- Michael Orme, "The Causes of the Mormon Reformation of 1856-57." Tangents III (1975): 15-43.
- Bruce R. McConkie, "Blood Atonement Doctrine," in Mormon Doctrine, 2nd edition, (Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1966), 92–93. GL direct linkGL direct link
- Charles W. Penrose, Blood Atonement, As Taught by Leading Elders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, 1884).
- Paul H. Peterson, "The Mormon Reformation," PhD Dissertation, Brigham Young University, 1989, 176–199.
- Paul H. Peterson, "The Mormon Reformation of 1856-1857: The Rhetoric and the Reality," Journal of Mormon History 15 (1989): 59–87.
- Howard C. Searle, "The Mormon Reformation of 1856-1857" (M.S. thesis, Brigham Young University, 1956).