FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Topical Guide/Book of Mormon/Translation Process
Jump to Subtopic:
- Book of Mormon Translation method
- Joseph Smith said that the Book of Mormon translation was performed by the "gift and power of God"
- The lost 116 pages of the Book of Mormon manuscript
- The Anthon transcript
- Eyewitness descriptions of the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated
- The weight of the Book of Mormon "gold plates"
- Book of Mormon translation timeframe
- Modification of the italicized text in Book of Mormon Biblical passages
- Artistic depictions of the Book of Mormon translation
- Location of the plates during translation
- Relationship of the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible to the Book of Mormon
- Roger Nicholson, "The Spectacles, the Stone, the Hat, and the Book: A Twenty-first Century Believer’s View of the Book of Mormon Translation," Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture, June 7, 2013.