FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Topical Guide/Book of Mormon/Witnesses
FAIR Wiki Articles
Jump to Subtopic:
- Reliability of the Book of Mormon witnesses
- Skepticism of the Book of Mormon witnesses
- The literal nature of the experiences of the Book of Mormon witnesses
- Did a Book of Mormon witnesses say that they only saw and handled the plates covered by a cloth or "tow frock"?
- None of the Book of Mormon witnesses ever recanted their testimony
- Did the Three and Eight Witnesses to the Book of Mormon place their signatures on their testimonies?
- Witnesses reaffirmed published statements in the Book of Mormon
- Oliver Cowdery and the "rod of nature"
- Oliver Cowdery joined the Methodists after leaving the Church
- David Whitmer said that God told him to "leave the Latter Day Saints"
- Martin Harris and his search for truth
- Martin Harris' "Eye of Faith" and "Spiritual Eye" statements
- Eyewitness descriptions of the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated
- Book of Mormon Translation method
- The Eight Witnesses and their experience viewing the "gold" plates
- Other Book of Mormon witnesses
- Comparison of the Strangite witnesses to the Book of Mormon witnesses
- Book of Mormon witnesses: Statements
- The Book of Mormon witnesses knew they would be ridiculed and not believed
- Witnesses persisted even in the face of persecution or death
|Explaining Away the Book of Mormon Witnesses, Richard Lloyd Anderson , 2004 FAIR Conference|