FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Topical Guide/Doctrinal issues/Revelation/Failed Prophecies
Jump to Subtopic:
- Question: Does Joseph Smith fail the "prophetic test" found in Deuteronomy 18?
- Question: Are there not supposed to be any more prophets after Christ's day?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith prophesy that he couldn't be killed within 5 years of August 1843?
- Question: Why did Joseph Smith say that David Patten would serve a mission when he was killed only six months later?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith state that the moon was inhabited, and that it's inhabitants were dressed like Quakers?
- Question: Did Joseph utter a false prophecy and show disregard for the Word of Wisdom in telling Orson Hyde that he would drink wine with him in Palestine?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith claim at one time that Kirtland Safety Society notes would be "as good as gold"?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith give a false prophecy by claiming that queens would pay respect to the Relief Society within ten years?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith prophesy that Jesus Christ would return in 1890?
- Question: Was a "forged" prophecy about Stephen A. Douglas added to the History of the Church?
- Question: Why did Joseph prophesy that the wicked "of this generation" would be swept from the face of the land and the Lost Ten tribes would be gathered?
- Question: Why did Joseph Smith claim that Thomas B. Marsh, who later apostatized, would be "exalted," and that he would preach "unto the ends of the earth"?
- Question: Why did Joseph describe the United Order in revelation as "everlasting" and "immutable and unchangeable" until Jesus comes?
- Question: Did Joseph Smith prophesy that Zion, in Jackson County, Missouri, would be redeemed by September 1836?
- Question: Was Joseph Smith's prophecy that the Independence, Missouri temple "shall be reared in this generation" a failed prophecy?
- Question: Is the prophecy concerning OIiver Granger contained in section 117 of the Doctrine and Covenants an example of a false prophecy?
- Question: Is the prophecy contained in Doctrine and Covenants 84:114 an example of a false prophecy?