FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of the doctrine, practice, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Topical Guide/Gender and women's issues/Same-sex Attraction
Jump to Subtopic:
- Ensign, "Why We Do Some of the Things We Do"
- Ensign, "Same-Gender Attraction"
- Joshua Johanson, "Navigating the Labyrinth Surrounding Homosexual Desire"
- Question: Can a person identify as gay or lesbian and still be a member of the Church in good standing?
- Question: If same-sex attraction is something that occurs naturally, why can't God and the Church accept it by allowing sealings of LGBT couples?
- Question: Do Mormon teachings against homosexual acts lead to bullying of gay youth or unchristian treatment of members or non-members with same-sex attraction?
- Question: Are Mormon family members taught to reject their LGBT children, thereby forcing many of them to become homeless?
- Question: Since the Church teaches that homosexual conduct is sinful, does this mean it opposes efforts to protect those who engage in homosexual acts?
- Question: What are some of the unique challenges or difficulties faced by Mormons with same-sex attraction?
- Question: Do Mormons believe that same-sex attraction will persist in the next life?
- Question: How do Mormons view the issue of heterosexual marriage for people with same-sex attraction?
- Question: What have past and present Mormon leaders taught about why some people are attracted to the same sex?
- Question: Do Mormons believe that same-sex attraction is "inborn" or "genetic"?
- Question: Is there an "epidemic" of suicide among gay Mormons?
- Question: Why do Mormons typically refer to homosexual/gay/lesbian issues with such terms as "same-sex attraction"?
- Question: Are Mormon with same-sex attraction encouraged to be closeted or lie about their attractions?
- Question: In Mormonism, what are the ramifications from denying a gay identity?
- Question: What have Mormon leaders taught about the distinction between desires, feelings, or inclinations, and sexual acts?
- Question: Do Mormon leaders teach that people with same-sex attraction should not associate with each other?
- Homosexual aversion therapy performed at BYU in the 1970's