FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Utah/Crime and violence/Castration in the 1800's/CriticalSources
Source(s) of criticism
- Richard Abanes, One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church (New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 2003), 241, 297, 581n90 ( Index of claims ) (Quoting Quinn and Tanners)
- Sally Denton, American Massacre: The Tragedy at Mountain Meadows, (Secker & Warburg, 2003), 106, 190.
- Jerald and Sandra Tanner, "Blood Atonement: Fact or Fantasy?," Salt Lake City Messenger (#92) (April 1997): 13.
- D. Michael Quinn, The Mormon Hierarchy: Extensions of Power (Signature Books, 1997), 250-251 ( Index of claims )
- September Dawn (film), written by Carole Whang Schutter.