This week: Lesson 30, “The Prisoners Shall Go Free” (D&C 2; 124:25–55; 127; 128; JS—H 1:36–39).
Subjects covered: Priesthood ordinances for the dead; baptism for the dead; the building of the Nauvoo Temple.
- Chance for repentance after death? (D&C contradicts the Book of Mormon.)
- Heathen saved without baptism. (D&C contradicts the Book of Mormon.)
- Baptism for the dead.
- Why is baptism for the dead not taught in the Book of Mormon?
- Symbols on the Nauvoo Temple.
- Do temples always face east?
- Temple obsolete after Christ.
If you can think of any other issues from this week’s lesson, please comment below so we can add more links.
PLEASE NOTE: This information is a preparatory resource for gospel doctrine teachers to help them formulate answers to questions that might arise during their class. It is not in any way a substitute for the Gospel Doctrine manual, nor should instructors make these topics the focus of class instruction. This information is provided with the understanding that it is an additional resource only.