FAIR Board Chairman John Lynch and FAIR Member Stephen Smoot appeared on K-Talk radio, in Salt Lake City, Utah to discuss the mission of FAIR, its history and to take questions from callers. Some of the issues addressed were:
- What are the core beliefs one must maintain in order to be considered an “orthodox” Mormon?
- What is the distinction between knowledge and belief?
- Why are there different versions of Joseph Smith’s first vision?
- If Mitt Romney is elected President, will he be required to adopt the political positions of the Church?
- Is the Church a racist or sexist organization?
John and Stephen also discussed the 2012 FAIR Conference that is being held in Utah on August 2 and 3 in Sandy, Utah.
This recording originally aired on June 27 and is posted here by permission of K-Talk Radio. The opinions expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of FAIR or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.