FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Pergunta: O que "claras e preciosas" ensinamentos é que o Livro de Mórmon fornecer a respeito do Salvador e Sua missão?
Question: What "plain and precious" teachings does the Book of Mormon provide regarding the Savior and His mission?
Book of Mormon doctrines relating to the Savior and his mission
- Christ offereth himself unto all who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit (2 Nephi 2:7, 3 Nephi 9:20) (see also Psalms 34:18)
- Christ shall redeem men from their sins, not in their sins (Alma 11:34–37, Helaman 5:10-11) (see also Matthew 1:21)
- Why Christ, being perfect, still needed to be baptized (2 Nephi 31:4–10) (see also Matthew 3:13-15)
- The perfect plan of mercy and justice (Alma 42:11-15,22-30, Alma 34:10-16)
- In addition to our sins, the Savior took upon him our pains, afflictions and temptations, that he might know how to comfort and strengthen us (Alma 7:11–12)
- The infinite nature of the atonement (2 Nephi 9:7, Alma 34:10-12)
- The atonement is "infinite and eternal". (Alma 34:14)
- We don't need to know how the atonement works for it to work - it starts working "immediately" when we ask God to apply it in our lives. (Alma 34:31)
- Without the resurrection, all men would become angels to the devil, subject to the devil, and be miserable forever. (2 Nephi 9:8–10)
- All things given of God are a type of Christ and testify of Him (2 Nephi 11:4, Alma 30:44)
- How the Law of Moses was the schoolmaster to Israel (Mosiah 13:27-31, Alma 34:13-14)
- How Christ is both the Father and the Son (Mosiah 15:1-9)
- Who are Christ's seed, as described in Isaiah 53:10? (Mosiah 15:10-14, Mosiah 5:7)
- The nature of the resurrection: "this mortal body is raised to an immortal body, that they can die no more, their spirits uniting with their bodies, never to be divided; thus the whole becoming spiritual and immortal..." (Alma 11:45)
- The Plan of Redemption was prepared from the foundation of the world, (Alma 12:25), Jesus Christ is central to that plan (Ether 3:14)
- Christ's redemption is retroactive in saving the faithful who preceded it (Alma 39:15-19)
- The premortal spirit body of Jesus Christ looked just like his mortal body (Ether 3:6-16) (see also Genesis 1:26-27)