FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Pergunta: Quais ensinamentos "claras e preciosas" o Livro de Mórmon fornecer a respeito da oração?
Question: What "plain and precious" teachings does the Book of Mormon provide regarding prayer?
Book of Mormon doctrines relating to prayer
- Preparation precedes revelation (1 Nephi 16:23,24,28,29)
- We are not to perform anything without first praying, that God will consecrate the performance for the welfare of our souls. (2 Nephi 32:9)
- How to understand the things of God (1 Nephi 15:2–4)
- Trust not in the arm of flesh (2 Nephi 4:34,2 Nephi 28:31)
- "Seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand." (Jacob 4:10)
- The answer to the question 'Does it do any good to pray for others?' (Mosiah 27:14)
- Where, When and What we are to pray for (Alma 34:17-27)
- If we do not care for the poor and the needy, the Lord will not answer our prayers (Alma 34:28-29)
- We are to live in thanksgiving daily (Alma 34:38)
- The Savior's sermon on prayer in the Americas: we are to hold up His light by following His example of praying always (3 Nephi 18:15-25) (see also 3 Nephi 11 - 18 for examples of the Savior praying among the Nephites)
- If a man offers a gift, or prays grudgingly to the Lord, it is the same as if he gave nothing - except he shall do it with real intent, it profits him nothing (Moroni 7:6-8)
- Charity is the pure love of Christ. (Moroni 7:47) We are to pray with all the energy of our hearts to be filled with this love (Moroni 7:48, Moroni 8:26)
- We are to pray with real intent, having faith in Christ (Moroni 10:3-5) (see also James 1:5-6)
- We are to ponder before asking God the truth of any thing (such as the Book of Mormon), then pray with real intent (i.e. be willing to do what the Lord tells you). A testimony of the truth then comes by the power of the Holy Ghost (Moroni 10:3-5)