FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Pergunta: Quais ensinamentos "claras e preciosas" o Livro de Mórmon fornecer sobre fé, arrependimento, batismo e do dom do Espírito Santo?
Question: What "plain and precious" teachings does the Book of Mormon provide regarding faith, repentance, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost?
Book of Mormon doctrines relating to faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end
- No unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of heaven (1 Nephi 10:21,1 Nephi 15:34, Alma 7:21, Alma 40:26, Alma 45:16)
- The still, small voice of the Spirit is felt (1 Nephi 17:45)
- At the resurrection, those who do not repent shall have a perfect knowledge of all our guilt, uncleanness and nakedness, while the righteous shall have a perfect knowledge of their enjoyment and their righteousness, being clothed in purity. (2 Nephi 9:14)
- "We are saved by grace, after all we can do." (2 Nephi 25:23)
- It isn't enough to have faith once, repent once, and be baptized. We must press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end. (2 Nephi 31:19-20)
- Baptism existed before John the Baptist (2 Nephi 31:4–6,8,11–12 Mosiah 18:10,13,15–17)
- The fruits of pride (3 Nephi 6:10–16)
- The only source of inequality of men is due to sin and transgression (Alma 28:13)
- How to retain a remission of your sins (Mosiah 4:11-26)
- How to endure to the end (Mosiah 4:29-30)
- To gain salvation, men must repent, keep the commandments, be born again, cleanse their garments through the blood of Christ, be humble and strip themselves of all pride and envy, and do the works of righteousness (Alma 5:14-35)
- Our sins hold us back and bind us down to destruction (Alma 7:14-16)
- How to nourish and grow our faith in Jesus Christ (Alma 32:6-43)
- We are to have "faith unto repentance" (Alma 34:15-17)
- The gospel is defined (3 Nephi 27:13-21, (also referred to as "the doctrine of Christ") 3 Nephi 11:31-41, 2 Nephi 31:10-21)
- We receive no witness until after the trial of our faith (Ether 12:6)
- "If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27)
- You cannot have faith and hope without being meek and lowly of heart (Moroni 7:43-44)
- "And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth remission of sins." (Moroni 8:25)
- The remission of sins brings meekness and lowliness of heart, which in turn bring the visitation of the Holy Ghost (Moroni 8:26)