Richard Neitzel Holzapfel and Thomas A. Wayment. Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book Company, 2010. Hardbound, 6×9″, 544 pages.
In this landmark new volume, the authors help readers understand the New Testament in context, as the writers originally intended. The book sheds additional light on this witness of Jesus Christ, offering further evidence that, although it is an ancient book, the New Testament has a modern message for everyone. If you want the authoritative single-volume work on the New Testament, this is it!
- Offers the best and most current scholarship in an accessible way
- Includes invaluable historical, cultural, and linguistic background
- Reviews the New Testament text carefully to help provide the most accurate interpretation
- Looks at the New Testament through the lens of the Restoration, including material from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
- Anticipates questions readers and teachers may have about the New Testament