Hugh W. Nibley; Stephen D. Ricks and Todd M. Compton (Editors), Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book Company, 1993, The Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Volume 4, hardbound, 446 pages. ISBN: 0875791271
The nine essays collected in this volume treat the shadowy period between the New Testament era proper and the emergence and triumph of the Catholic Church and Holy Roman Empire. Through extensive research in the primary sources, this scholarly volume documents the loss of or change in many important doctrines of early Christianity in later centuries and their restoration in modern times.
1. Early Accounts of Jesus’ Childhood
2. Evangelium Quadraginta Dierum: The Forty-day Mission of Christ-The Forgotten Heritage
3. The Early Christian Prayer Circle
4. Baptism for the Dead in Ancient Times
5. The Passing of the Primitive Church
6. The Way of the Church
7. Jerusalem in Early Christianity
8. What Is a Temple?
9. Christian Envy of the Temple