Terryl L. Givens. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2013, Updated Edition. Softbound, 6×9″, 238 pages.
Religion in America
- A comprehensive study of how Mormons have been constructed in popular culture in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Interdisciplinary research that relies on historical and literary sources.
- Provides novel scholarship on religious formation, identity, and persecution.
- Author recognized as among the foremost scholars of Mormonism.
- This edition contains a new chapter addressing Mormon presence in American culture, including theater (The Book of Mormon musical), literature (the Twilight saga), and politics (the Huntsman and Romney campaigns).