FairMormon needs your help!
We are seeking volunteers of varying talents and abilities to help FairMormon grow and thrive. With your help, we will reach more people around the world, providing answers to the criticisms facing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and giving Latter-day Saints even stronger reasons for their faith.
If these roles don’t describe you, do you know anyone who might be a good fit and who would be willing to help us?
In addition to these particular skills, we’re also looking for anyone with a great story! We’d love to hear how FairMormon helped you or a family member, or how your understanding of faith has deepened over time. We might interview you on our podcast.
Maybe you’ve thought of something we haven’t considered. If you’d like to help us, we’d welcome your ideas. We need a variety of writers, proofreaders, broadcasters, interviewees, editors, technologists, marketers, and managers.
FairMormon Questions Responder
If you are familiar with apologetic topics, you could join our panel of volunteers who respond to the questions fielded from our website.
Even if you’re not familiar with the topics, we still need help responding to questions, being the point of first contact, and sending links to our existing resources as the first line of response.
Digital Marketer/SEO Specialist
We’d love your help with our search engine optimization, including the following duties:
- Lead our SEO strategy
- Read and interpret Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Provide tips and training to our writers and bloggers
- Fix internal broken links and redirects
- Improve weak titles, snippets, calls to action, and copywriting
- Contact external websites to ask for updated and new links to FairMormon
- Stay up-to-date on SEO best practices from sources like Moz.com and SEMrush.com
Linux System Administrator
We’re looking for one or more experienced sysadmin willing to take care of our web servers. Ideally, you will have experience installing, configuring, performance tuning, software updating, and securing the following technologies:
- Ubuntu Linux
- PHP-FPM 7.0
- MySQL 5.7
- Postfix, DNS, SSL/TLS
- Cloud hosting
Internal and External Tech Support
We need one or more technical people to learn our various technology platforms and provide support internally to other volunteers and externally to FairMormon readers, users, and customers. You might answer questions like these:
- (Internal) “How do I attach a photo to my blog post?”
- (Internal) “Where can I download a list of all conference ticket holders?”
- (Internal) “Can you setup a special 10%-off coupon on the bookstore?”
- (External) “I found a typo in the website. Can you fix it?”
- (External) “Where can I buy the 2016 conference audio?”
- (External) “I can’t see this webpage very well on my mobile phone.”
Other Ongoing Volunteer Needs
- Apologists who can answer questions submitted to FairMormon
- Translators (Especially Spanish, Portuguese, and German)