FairMormon is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing well-documented answers to criticisms of LDS doctrine, belief and practice.
Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/Plants/CriticalSources
Source(s) of the criticism
- William E. Biederwolf, Mormonism under the Searchlight (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1947), ??.
- Origen Bachelor, Mormonism Exposed Internally and Externally (New York: Privately Published, 1838), 13. off-site
"Pray tell me what kinds of grain neas and sheum are. Joseph Smith’s translation needs another translation, to render it intelligible."
- Rick Branch, "Nephite Nickels," The Utah Evangel 29:10 (October 1982): 1.
- John Dehlin, "Why People Leave the LDS Church," (2008).
- John Dehlin, "Questions and Answers," Mormon Stories Podcast (25 June 2014).
- Gordon Fraser, Is Mormonism Christian? (Chicago: Moody Press, 1977), 141.
- Gordon Fraser, What Does the Book of Mormon Teach? An Examination of the Historical and Scientific Statements of the Book of Mormon (Chicago: Moody Press, 1964), 90.
- M.T. Lamb, The Golden Bible: Or, the Book of Mormon. Is It From God? (New York: Ward and Drummond, 1887), 304.
- Walter Martin, The Kingdom of the Cults (Revised) (Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 1997), ??. ( Index of claims )
- Latayne Colvett Scott, The Mormon Mirage : a former Mormon tells why she left the church (Grand Rapids : Zondervan Pub. House, 1979), 82–84
- Charles A. Shook, Cumorah Revisited... (Cincinnati: The Standard Publishing Company, 1910), 382-383.
- James White, Letters to a Mormon Elder: Eye Opening Information for Mormons and the Christians Who Talk with Them (Southbridge, MA: Crowne, 1990), 139